Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blog Post #5

students using ipods at school

Eagle's Nest Radio- Roaming with the Ancient Romans
     I was very impressed with this podcast.  The students were very clear and really sounded like they knew what they were talking about.  I was able to get a better idea of what a podcast is.  Before listening to these 3rd graders I was unsure about what we would be doing.  Now I am not as nervous about doing my own podcast because I have an idea of what I will be doing.  I really liked the way that the children used music to transition from topic to topic.

The Benefit's of Podcasting in the Classroom
     This video shows many ways that podcasting can be used.  What I was interested in was the use of podcasts for absent students. For parents and students to know that there is a way that they can still manage their school work if they come down with a prolonged illness will be a relief.  I believe that this is something that I can use when I start to teach.

Podcast Collection
     This site was fantastic to me because it explains in detail what a podcast is.  Also it gives several links that I can use to learn how to make a podcast.  Judy Scharf also included lesson plans that will help me in the future with my own classes.  I think this site is definitely one that will be included with my PLN.  It has so much information that is helpful to teachers and students alike.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I am looking forward to your podcast. It sounds like will make use of what you have learned from these exercises in your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ouida,

    Great job on your post. I think that podcast are great for the teacher and the student. Hopefully I too can use podcast in some way in my class.

    Good job,

    Make sure you are putting your alt and title tags on your pictures (see the wordle instructions).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephen. I will make sure that I have them in the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the 3rd graders did an excellent job. I feel dwarfed in comparison to their podcast. It's hard to believe that these little people are all grown up in what they do with their schoolwork. Here we are in college, doing what they are doing! We will learn by them!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete