Sunday, July 3, 2011

C4T#3

On this go around with Comments for Teachers I have been assigned Mr Fisher.  The post that I read first or I should say watched is a video that Mr Fisher had made at ISTE 2011.  He had interviewed a young man that everyone in EDM 310 should be familiar with.  The iSchool Initiative creative was his person of interest.  So basically I commented on the interview.  Mr Fisher asked him questions about the iSchool Initiative and how it came about.  Also he answered questions about what his goal is with the non-profit organization.  I found out that the state of Maine has determined that all middle schools students should have a portable education device.  this was a little overwhelming to me.  So I asked him how would teachers and parents in a community like where my children attend, where you a not allowed to bring any type of technological device from home, can try to start a campaign to allow students the use of these types of media.

portfoliobook



In the second post that I read by Mr. Fisher he was discussing ePortfolios like the one that we are required to have in the College of Education.  He interview Mr. Z.(this is what he called him) who seems to be the leading person on the topic.  One of the points that he brought out was that this is a way for someone to show there best work.  They would have a actually portfolio of there work in the cloud that could be seen by them, their teachers, parents, administrators, and future colleges, and possible future employers.  I feel that this is actually a very good concepts for schools to look to for a way for students to see what they are doing and what they have accomplished.  I feel that it may be something that I would like to use in the future for my students.  I much to learn about setting it up and how to run it but I am interesting in figuring it out and hopefully using it to benefit my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment