Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Post #13

ipod sitting on th ekeyboard of a computer

  
      The top ten list that Jose Picardo has compiled should be a short list that every teacher keeps with them on the different types of media that can be  used in the classroom.  There are several that I plan to use if available in the school that hires me.  First if the class has a smart board then I will need to find ways to make it worth the money that was spent on it.  I can create whole lesson plans that basically use the smart board.  The class calender can be done with the smart board and also roll call.  There is a template that can be used that the students can move their name into the present category as soon as they walk in to the classroom.  I see the smart board as becoming my class hub.  Since they take up so much room you might as well use them.
     I also think that music can definitely be used in the classroom.  It can be used to help teach lessons or to create a calming atmosphere.  Streaming video will be very useful.  Such sites as Khan Academy will be a great help and also other educational sites that have videos that can be used to teach a topic.  I can't wait to be able to use skype with my students.  I would like to create a universal classroom where my students can keep in touch with classrooms all over the world.  I feel that this could be used to help to teach about different cultures.
     I plan to create podcasts of each class so that students who missed or who may have a learning disability of some sort will be able to get the information at the touch of their fingers.  I also plan to use a class blog.  I want to have an overall blog for the class that parents, students, and administrators can go to to see what is happening in our class.  Also I would like to have blogs for the students as well so that they can have a type of portfolio of there work for the semester.
     I really want to try to use all of these tools when I find it appropriate and when the administration will allow it.  I hope to continue learning how to use these tools so that I can create an exciting and eclectic class that the students will enjoy being in but will also be able to learn the information that is needed for them to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ouida! The use of the smartboard as HUB for your classroom would be a great idea. It's an easy way to get your students involved in the class by just checking themselves in. And with the music I think that would be a great idea. Music can be used for many different things such as encouragement, calming of the nerves, or as an educational purpose. Hope you get to use all the forms of technology you desire when you get your own classroom one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are ready to be an "EDM310 teacher." Great!

    ReplyDelete